Administrative Assistant (Temporary)
The Center for Effective Philanthropy seeks a temporary Administrative Assistant to help keep its Cambridge office in good working order while the Office Manager is on leave. As Administrative Assistant, you will work closely with CEP’s energetic and diverse staff who provide philanthropic foundation executives, boards, and staff with data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of their work. The Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include answering the main phone line, front desk coverage, greeting guests, managing inventory and purchasing office and other supplies, maintaining the necessary working order of copiers and equipment, and providing general administrative support to the organization.
The position will run from mid-October to mid-February, Monday – Thursday, from 10 am to 4 pm each day.
- Ensure office cleanliness and organization, through checking of shared kitchen, reception, and meeting spaces
- Provide general administrative support, including visitor reception, package shipping and receiving and answering the main telephone line
- Manage the ordering and stocking of office, restroom and kitchen supplies
- Maintain office equipment, placing service calls when necessary
- Help to maintain facilities, serving as main point of contact with building superintendent
- Ensure staff lists are current and posted
- Assist the Finance team with related projects, such as helping to reconcile the corporate American Express card and maintaining CEP’s subscriptions
- Plan office meetings and lunches when necessary
- Assist with other administrative tasks within the organization as time permits
- Minimum of three years’ previous work experience preferred; directly relevant administrative or office management experience a plus.
- Strong computer/technical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiarity with CRM and PowerPoint a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with all levels of an organization as well as outside business contacts
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
This position will be hourly at $16/hr. CEP is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. This position is located in the Cambridge office.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more than fifteen years, CEP has led the movement to improve philanthropy through a powerful combination of dispassionate analysis and a passionate commitment to improving lives. Today, over 300 foundations have used CEP’s assessment tools to gather honest feedback from their stakeholders in an effort to learn how to be even more effective. CEOs and trustees have come to rely on our research for insights into foundation effectiveness on a wide range of topics, from assessing performance to developing strategy to managing stakeholder relationships. Our highly regarded programming—including our biennial conference—gives foundation leaders an exclusive and unprecedented opportunity to connect with their peers. CEP is based in Cambridge Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. Strengths of CEP’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect.